Are you passionate about helping others grow in Christ?
Become our Coordinator of Congregational Life!
Westminster Church in Barrie is seeking a person with proven experience in small group facilitation, volunteer coordination and computer and web-based communication media for this new part time contract position.
Starting November 2018, the successful candidate will provide direct leadership and coordination for Westminster’s small group programs which will include:
• Coordinating the small group program including the recruitment and training of leaders
• Being responsible for the engagement of the congregation in the areas of spiritual gifts and opportunities to serve
• Conducting Church membership classes
• Taking responsibility for Church communications including social media, website, weekly newsletter, podcasts, bulletin, and power point for pre- and post-service announcements.
• maintaining Church membership records
Compensation will be $18,000 per annum.
Interested? A detailed job description and further information is available by contacting Steve Sainsbury at 705 798 2056 or stevesainsbury1 [at] gmail [dot] com.
About Westminster Presbyterian Church
Alive with the Holy Spirit, Westminster is a Christ-Centred, family-friendly church who has experienced consistent spiritual and numerical growth over the past 10 years. We seek to be a relaxed-but-reverent gathering who worships with a “blended” worship style, doesn’t shy away from God’s truth, diversifies the ways people can connect, and are hungry to learn about following Jesus in today’s world. Our mission statement is succinct: “Loving God, Loving our Neighbours.” Here’s what Jesus said about the most important commandment: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength… [and] Love your neighbour as yourself” (Mark 12:30-31). So that’s what we want to do.