Are you or someone you know in Grades 5 or 6?
Then this is the place for you!
Junior Youth (Gr. 5/6)
Will meet from 1:15 – 2:15 p.m on Sunday afternoons.
Sept 20, 27 – Zoom Meetings
October 4 – In Person Recreation
October 11 – no meeting (Thanksgiving)
October 18, 25 – Zoom Meetings
Notes for In Person Recreation Meetings
- Julie needs to know exact numbers to ensure that all of the materials are sanitized prior to our time together.
- Please RSVP to all in-person meetings before every meeting via email, Remind or phone.
- There will be a chair for each youth that has been sanitized and placed at least 6 feet from one another in the backyard space of the church.
- Youth will be asked to sanitize their hands upon arriving (hand sanitizer provided) and to sit in their chair with their belongings to start.
- We will have a quick catch up in the circle
- We will then move to a game of Dodge Ball. This will be our main game, other variations of the game will be played as well.
- We will take breaks at our chairs and enjoy the snack/water we brought ourselves (see # 8)
- Youth will be asked to bring a mask as they will need it to use the washroom
- Youth are asked to bring their own bottle of water
- Youth are asked to bring their own PEANUT/NUT – FREE snack (If you are unable to provide your child with a snack please let me know in advance.)
- The meeting will be limited to one hour.
Unfortunately given the timing we will not be able to have a rain-date, so if there is poor weather (heavy rain/thunder) we will have to cancel.
What does this Mean?
We will connect, share our thoughts, questions and feelings both in person & during an online video chat.
Some of the Things We’ll Discuss:
- What is happening in our World
- Where God is in all of the chaos
- Some things that we can do to pass the time
- How to help others within our limited capacity and restrictions
- Different ways to pray
Each meeting will be about 45 minutes – 1 hour long and will be filled with faith, fun and friends! (BYOS – Bring Your Own Snack).
How Can I get Involved?
Get connected to our meetings by contacting our Youth Coordinator Julie Cunha via firstname.lastname@example.org
These meetings also provide an opportunity to ask questions about your faith, experiences, or feelings anonymously, just send a note below.