New Position: “Coordinator of Youth and Outreach”
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Barrie, ON
Passionate about the Great Commission and seeing youth grow in Christ?
Become our Coordinator of Youth & Outreach!
We are seeking a person to lead a vital part of our church. This is an opportunity to love, energize and inspire our youth’s growth in faith. It is also about spreading the gospel.
Starting immediately, the successful candidate will provide direct leadership and coordination for Westminster’s youth programs and coordinate the creation and ongoing operation of the ‘Satellite Gatherings’ ministry.
Duties will include:
- Coordinate youth group gatherings (for both a junior group and a senior group) on a weeknight(s) (fall session, winter session, spring session). The goal of fun Christian faith development
- Support the planning and delivery of existing Vacation Bible Camp and March Break Camp
- Create pilot Satellite Churches by recruiting and training leaders, finding meeting locations, creating worship formats, problem solving and communicating to participants.
- Strong Christian faith and show a commitment to Christian ministry
- A healthy understanding and appreciation of the Reformed Christian tradition
- Be gracious and have excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating a willingness to work with and take direction from others, particularly the Minister.
- Have gifts for leadership with youth, and a willingness to work with all ages to provide support for educational events
- Ideally, the candidate will have previous experience in leading youth and/or young adults in either a paid or volunteer capacity
- Ideally, the candidate will have post secondary education in a Reformed Christian education field.
- Musical gifts would be an asset.
Closing Date: August 31, 2023
Interested? Further information is available by contacting Steve Sainsbury at 705 220 9016 or email@example.com.
October 03, 2023
August 07, 2023
July 27, 2023