Keeping composure under strain
By Pastor Ruttan
The Pulse Podcast is about living abundantly wholeheartedly. Sometimes I discuss a featured topic, sometimes share an interview, and sometimes lead a biblical study.
This latest episode is a talk with the Rev. Christine O’Reilly about keeping your composure under strain. No one can earn a degree in composure-keeping, of course; but Christine is a friend and colleague who is able to stay focused and loving even through the strains and stresses of life.
Christine is a pastor, wife, mother, grandmother, hockey player and musician. She has a deep love for Jesus, and lives out her faith on a daily basis with sincerity, humility, wisdom and confidence.
Here are some of the topics we touch on:
- The fraying nature of our current time
- Composure as “gracious, faithful focus under pressure”
- Maintaining perspective when you’re not in control
- The age of distraction and derailment
- How composure helps you be a blessing to others
- The connection between composure and self-control
- “What goes into us shapes what comes out of us”
- Practices that grow our capacity to maintain composure
- Holy detachment
- Redeeming our souls from the onslaught of the world
- Learning from examples of godly composure in our lives
The subscribe links for The Pulse Podcast with Matthew Ruttan on iTunes (Apple), Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher and TuneIn can be found below. Or you can listen by going here. Enjoy!
We commission Nena LaMarre
April 23, 2023
Holy Week and Easter at Westminster
March 29, 2023