Perseverance – Faith-at-Home Focus (Sept 20, 2020)
Every week our faith-at-home idea follows a pattern.
- The first Sunday in each month is about Bible memorization.
- The second Sunday is about prayer.
- The third has a Bible focus.
- And the fourth is a service activity to love and help those around us.
The ideas are connected to the theme for each Sunday’s service.
They are meant to be both simple-yet-meaningful and adaptable.
We know it’s a tough time. Some weeks are good… and some weeks are, well, not so good! Let’s lose the guilt about not ‘having it all together.’
At the same time, let’s be intentional about taking the lead in our homes as we seek to trust and follow Jesus together.
Week of Sunday, September 20th:
Schedule: 2nd Sunday: Bible
What to do:
1. When you’re together as a family, have someone read James 1:2-3.
2. Discuss the meaning of any words that might be unclear. Do this in a way that is understandable to those present. For example, you might say that ‘perseverance’ is about being strong and not giving up no matter what happens.
3. Note the phrase “the testing of your faith produces perseverance.” Give examples. Talk about things you’ve experienced where your faith was tested and how that produced perseverance in your life.