We are happy to introduce our new Music Director, Nena LaMarre!
Nena LaMarre’s varied musical career has included collaboration with many instrumentalists and vocalists, a teaching career spanning fifty years, chamber music performances, and singing in vocal groups. She received scholarship as a teenager to study at the Royal Conservatory of Music where she obtained the ARCT diploma in both piano performance and teaching. She continued her studies at the University of Western Ontario obtaining a Bachelor of Music with Honours in Piano Performance. Nena currently resides in Barrie, where she maintains a Suzuki piano studio active in the community. She has been invited as a guest teacher to Concordia University, Wilfred Laurier University, and many cities across Canada. Nena and her husband John have been active members at Westminster for several years.
You can reach Nena at her personal email address:
Please note that if you have already emailed Nena at the original firstname.lastname@example.org email address, we have experienced some technical difficulties and she likely did not get it. Please use the following email address for Nena moving forward…
Our Music Ministry and How to Contribute:
· We will continue to focus on a ‘blended’ worship style, including modern praise songs and traditional hymns.
· We will seek to have a weekly trio of piano, guitar and bass guitar. If you would like to contribute to this ministry please be in touch with Nena! (Contact info below.)
· If you have other musical gifts to share, please also be in touch.
· We will continue to enjoy vocal support from our singers.
· Evening practices will begin soon on Thursday evenings.
45 Quotes by Tim Keller
June 02, 2023
We commission Nena LaMarre
April 23, 2023
Holy Week and Easter at Westminster
March 29, 2023